Variety is the spice of life as Letchworth students stage another charity night for good cause
- Credit: Archant
Students at Letchworth’s Da Vinci Studio School who staged a charity comedy night have been congratulated by their principal as they gear up for another charity event.
Friday’s event at the Da Vinci Hall in Letchworth’s Broadway is part and parcel of their production arts study, and principal Karen Barber said: “This is the culmination of two years hard work and study by all of the second year production arts students. They are a very talented year group. The show will be great fun as well as raising money for such a great cause’
The comedy event raised funds for the Letchworth-based Garden House Hospice, and now the famous Great Ormond Street children’s hospital in London will get a boost thanks to their efforts.
Oh My GOSH, That’s Variety! will be staged on Friday night with doors opening at 7pm.
Organisers in the final year of the Level 3 Production Arts students at The Da Vinci Studio School of Creative Enterprise, who are taking on all the technical and administrative roles, promise a varied night of entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
On the bill are Brighton-based Pink tribute act A Touch Of Pink, jazz singer Holly Rose, comedy singer Alexia Stefadia and Herts-based band Space Goat.
Finance manager Molly Smith, 20, said : “We are all so excited about this event as it’s something we haven’t done before.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
“It’s been a good challenge trying to balance all of the finances for the various acts but we can’t wait for the event.”
£10 tickets are available through www.ticketsource.co.uk/varietynight.