Vandals smash car wing mirrors in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Vandals have been breaking wing mirrors off parked cars in a spate of incidents last week.
Police are appealing for information after a number of parked cars in Letchworth GC were damaged, mostly at night, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The vehicles were damaged on streets including Danescroft, Northfields, Eastern Way, Croft Lane, Kristiansand Way, Green Lane and Glebe Road.
Investigating officer PCSO Chris Farrier said: “We are doing everything we can to identify those responsible for these callous acts of vandalism.
“I am appealing to anyone who may have been in the affected areas at night, and has seen anyone acting suspiciously around cars, to get in contact as soon as possible.
“We currently believe that four to five individuals are to blame for this vandalism and I would be interested to speak to anyone who thinks they know who these people could be.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101 citing crime reference number G2/14/291. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again