Vandals smash car’s windows in ‘pointless’ Letchworth attack
- Credit: Archant
Vandals have smashed a woman’s car windows in a “pointless” attack.
The car owner, who asked to remain anonymous, had the two passenger side windows smashed as well as the back window of her red Vauxhall Corsa while it was parked in Ordelmere, Letchworth, just before midnight yesterday.
The 50-year-old woman said: “I think it’s disgusting. It was a totally pointless attack that is going to cost me money I can’t afford.
“It is just mindless vandalism. The obviously meant to do it but I just don’t understand why?”
The woman said she is unable to now use the car and had to clear up glass, which was all over the road, to prevent it damaging other cars.
You may also want to watch:
Herts police confirmed they are investigating and anyone with information should contact them on the non-emergency 101 number quoting crime reference number G2/14/1689.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth