Skate ramp damage may be 'beyond repair' after vandals target park
- Credit: Stevenage Borough Council
A skate ramp in a Stevenage park may be 'beyond economical repair', after it was targeted by vandals.
Perpetrators hit the facility at Peartree Park with metal poles on Tuesday, causing an estimated £20,000 worth of damage.
A Stevenage Borough Council spokesperson said: "Very sadly the facility may now be beyond economical repair, in which case it will be removed if it’s not possible to replace.
"We have evidence of the vandalism in progress which will be shared with the police.
"We shouldn’t have to say this, but please do not vandalise any play or skate equipment – this facility could now be lost as a result of this, which isn't fair on anyone who enjoys using it."
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman added: "Officers were contacted following an incident of criminal damage in The Ridings, in Stevenage.
"It was reported that an estimated £20,000 worth of damage was caused to the skate ramps in Peartree recreation ground, between 4.30pm and 5pm on Tuesday, May 4. Enquiries are continuing."
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
If you know anything about the incident, contact police on 101 quoting crime reference number 41/33092/21.