Vandal jailed after assaulting woman and smashing up Baldock hotel room
- Credit: Archant
A violent hotel guest has been jailed after he admitted assaulting a woman and smashing up a room in Baldock town centre.
Peter Walsh, of Mons Avenue in Baldock, was handed a 10-week prison sentence when he appeared at St Albans Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
Magistrates heard that the 31-year-old beat a woman and damaged her tablet computer in a room at the Templars Hotel in the High Street on July 1.
He also damaged a mirror and a picture belonging to the hotel.
Walsh, who was already serving a community sentence imposed in March for a driving offence, pleaded guilty having previously indicated a not guilty plea. He also admitted breaching his community order.
You may also want to watch:
Walsh was given eight weeks behind bars for the offences committed at the hotel, and two weeks for the driving offence.
He has also been ordered to pay £700, including £100 compensation to the hotel, £400 to his victim, a £115 victim surcharge and £85 in costs.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed