Women urged to sign up to Stevenage Race for Life at reduced rate for one day only
- Credit: Archant
Women inspired by this Sunday’s Virgin Money London Marathon are being urged to take on their own fitness challenge by entering Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life.
On Monday, there will be £5 off entry fees for Race for Life’s 5km and 10km events at Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage on Sunday, July 8, and the half marathon at Lee Valley Park on Sunday, October 7.
Entry to the 5km and 10km events is usually £14.99 for women and £10 for children and is £29.99 for the half marathon, but you can use the code MARA2018 on Monday to get £5 off.
Courtney Culverhouse, Cancer Research UK’s Hertfordshire event manager, said: “Many of us watch the Virgin Money London Marathon on TV and feel hugely motivated by the inspiring stories and unwavering determination of the participants. This year, we’re encouraging women to follow the lead of the marathon runners and take on their own fitness challenge by signing up to Race for Life in Stevenage.
“Women of all shapes, sizes, ages and abilities can take part. Whether they’re planning a 5km walk with friends, a 10km jog or the challenge of the half marathon, it’s not about being first to the finish line; it’s about coming together to beat cancer sooner.”
She continued: “Every day, 90 people are diagnosed with cancer in the East of England. That’s why we’re urging women in Hertfordshire to sign up right now at raceforlife.org and make a real difference in the fight against cancer.
“Money raised will help Cancer Research UK scientists find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat the disease, helping save more lives.
- 1 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 2 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
“Taking part in Race for Life is a hugely moving experience - full of fun, emotion, tears and laughter. The passion and energy of our participants is truly inspiring as women unite to give their all to the cause.
“Whatever the distance – whether it’s 5km or 21km – every step participants take will help to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.”
To enter, visit www.raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770.
Women who sign up for the half marathon will also receive a season pass that provides free access to unlimited Race for Life 5km and 10km events to help with their training.