UPDATE: UK Power Networks apologises for Hitchin powercut
- Credit: Archant
UK Power Networks has apologised for a powercut which hit thousands in North Herts last night (Monday).
The powercut affected several thousand households, according to the company, with parts of Hitchin, Letchworth and Pirton affected.
A spokesman said this morning: “UK Power Networks engineers have restored power to customers in parts of Hitchin and Letchworth yesterday (Monday April 15) following a fault on our high voltage network.
“Power was affected to several thousand customers in part of Hitchin, Letchworth and Pirton due to a fault on a piece of equipment on our overhead electricity network.
“Electricity supplies were interrupted at about 5.30pm and our engineers worked as quickly as was safely possible to return supplies to normal for all customers within half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
“We realise how frustrating it can be to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style