UPDATE: Police launch witness appeal after man cut free in serious head-on B197 collision near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A witness appeal has been launched after a head-on collision this morning which has left one of the drivers with a serious leg injuries.
The B197 was closed in both directions just outside Stevenage following a crash involving a blue Lexus and a silver Peugeot just after 8.15am.
The Lexus had been travelling from Stevenage towards Knebworth when it collided with the Peugeot coming the other way, close to the railway bridge on London Road.
The driver of the Lexus – a man in his 20s – had to be cut free from his car and was subsequently taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage with serious injuries to his lower leg.
An air ambulance was called with an onboard doctor accompanying the man to hospital in the land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The man driving the Peugeot was treated at the scene by paramedics.
Sgt Richard Barker, who is investigating the incident, said: “This was a serious collision which resulted in a man being taken to hospital with serious injuries. I would urge anyone who may have seen these vehicles prior to the collision taking place, or who may have witnessed the collision to come forward with information. Any information at all could greatly assist our investigation.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
Anyone with information can contact Sgt Barker on police non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 209 of 20/12/14.
Update 2.45pm: The road has now reopened.