UPDATE: More arrests and seven charged in major drug crack down
MORE people were arrested this morning (Thursday) and seven have been charged following a police operation to crack down on drugs.
Officers carried out simultaneous early morning raids yesterday and today in Stevenage, and executed warrants to search premises for drugs.
So far, there have been 21 people arrested in Operation Alate, in connection with drugs offences.
There have also been 10 people charged.
You may also want to watch:
• Kevin Rochester, 35, of Waterway Avenue in Stevenage has been charged with five offences of supplying Class A drugs in Hertfordshire and five offences of supplying Class A drugs in Warwickshire
• A 16 year old from London has been charged with two offences of supplying Class A drugs.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
• Ian Hamilton, 53, of Newcastle Close in Stevenage has been charged with nine offences of supplying class A drugs and one offence of possession of class A drugs.
• James O’Neil, 52, of Ingleside Drive in Stevenage has been charged with five offences of supplying Class A drugs.
• Harwinder Grewal, 35, from Mildmay Road in Stevenage has been charged with one offence of supplying Class A drugs.
• Daniel O’Donnel, 33, from Four Acres in Stevenage has been charged with 11 offences of supplying Class A drugs.
• Dean Scully, 33, from Ripon Road in Stevenage has been charged with five offences of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.
• Jamie Weston, 19, of Popple Way in Stevenage has been charged with supplying Class B drugs, offering to supply Class B drugs, and theft.