UPDATE: Man charged with murder at Stevenage traveller site remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man charged with the murder of his second cousin has been remanded in custody.
A man who has been accused of murdering his second cousin is expected to appear at Luton Crown Court tomorrow (Friday).
John Boy Ward appeared before Hatfield Remand Court this morning (Thursday) after being charged on Wednesday with the murder of Thomas Ward at a Stevenage traveller site.
The 33-year-old, of Clarkson Court in Hatfield, was extradited back to the UK after being found by police near Copenhagen in Denmark on February 6.
His 21-year-old wife, Joleen Josie Ward, has already appeared in court charged with assisting an offender and has been remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The charges follow the death of 21-year-old Thomas Ward, who was shot as he came out of his caravan in Dyes Lane. Stevenage, on April 23 last year.
He was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage where he died as a result of his injuries – five days after he had become a father for the first time.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack