UPDATE: Man charged with Hitchin and Letchworth robberies
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with two attempted robberies in Letchworth and a robbery in Hitchin.
Mykee Wooding-Arquart has been charged in relation to an attempted robbery of the Halifax bank branch in the Garden Square Shopping Centre on Monday afternoon.
A man attempted to stage a robbery at the Letchworth bank before he was escorted out of the premises by a mystery member of the public.
But soon after there were further reports that a man, who claimed to be armed but did not produce a weapon, had tried again at the nearby Sainsbury’s Local store in Eastcheap.
Once again he left empty-handed after the manager challenged him. Nobody was injured in either incident.
You may also want to watch:
The man – who is from Hitchin – has also been charged with a robbery which took place in Hitchin two days after Christmas.
In this incident a man threatened a member of staff with a knife at the Bancroft store at about 3pm before running out with £200 in cash.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
The 24-year-old will appear before Hatfield Remand Court today.
Police had released appeals after the three incidents and ask anyone with any information to contact Herts police on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.