UPDATE: Man bailed after car travels the wrong way down A1(M) from Stevenage to Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested after a car travelled about eight miles the wrong way down the A1(M) has been bailed.
The 26-year-old from Southampton was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and dangerous driving in the early hours of Thursday morning.
His arrest came after a silver Ford Fiesta got on at Stevenage’s Junction 7 at roughly 1.50am and drove down the northbound carriageway to near Hatfield’s Junction 4, where police stopped the vehicle.
It collided with a police car, but no-one was injured.
The Ford Fiesta needed to be recovered by police and the road was reopened by 2.45am.
You may also want to watch:
The man will return to Hatfield Police Station for further questioning on August 28.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 6 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers