UPDATE: Lister Surgicentre transfer confirmed by NHS
- Credit: Josh Massey
THE NHS has announced officially that Lister Surgicentre services will be transferred to the East and North Herts NHS Trust.
NHS Central Eastern Commissioning Support Unit said this evening (Thursday) that the services would be transferred “over the next few weeks”.
Following discussions and negotiations, the Department of Health, East and North Hertfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), NHS England and Clinicenta, which runs the Surgicentre, have come to a mutual agreement about the facility’s management.
The services currently provided and managed by Clinicenta will transfer to East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust. The transfer is likely to take place over the next few weeks on a date to be finalised.
There will be no break in service during the transfer and patients who are currently receiving treatment at the Surgicentre should continue to attend their appointments in the usual way. The Lister Surgicentre buildings and equipment will be retained by the local NHS for continued use by patients.
Clinicenta and East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust will be consulting with all staff affected up until the time of transfer.
Further information around the timescale for these changes to be implemented will be issued shortly.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 3 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 4 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 7 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 8 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 9 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan