UPDATE: Letchworth flat fire victim named
THE man who died after a Letchworth GC flat caught alight during the early hours of yesterday morning (Tuesday) has been named.
Police have confirmed that Barry Collings, of Bittern Way in the town, was pronounced dead at the scene after a fire broke out in his first floor flat just after midnight.
The family of the 53-year-old said in a statement: “Barry’s untimely death has come as a tragic shock to his family and friends.
“He was a much loved son, brother and uncle, who had a wide circle of friends.
“We, Barry’s family, request to be left in peace at this traumatic time, to come to terms with his death.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire, which spread to flats above and below, is being treated as non-suspicious.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction