UPDATE: Hitchin travel agent robbery men sought
TWO men who robbed a large amount of currency from a Hitchin travel agents on Tuesday afternoon are being sought by detectives.
The robbery occured at 2.45pm on Thomson on the High Street. Two men had entered the premises and forced two members of staff into the rear of the shop.
They forced them to open a safe and took a large quantity of currency. They then left and went down Portmill Lane and Hollow Lane.
Detective Sergeant Ben Wright said: “It is important we trace these offenders and I would ask anyone who was in Hitchin on Tuesday and saw anything suspicious or anyone who knows about the incident to contact the police or Crimestoppers.”
The first offender is described as a black man, approximately 6ft tall aged in his early 20s and of a slim build. He had heavy stubble and was wearing a long, dark fur-lined hooded jacket, dark coloured fitted trousers and black shoes.
You may also want to watch:
The second offender is described as a black man, approximately 5ft 11ins tall of a stocky build with heavy stubble. He was wearing a green ‘trapper’ style hat, a long dark green/khaki jacket, dark coloured baggy trousers and black trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Ben Wright or Detective Constable David Quinn in the Local Crime Unit at Hitchin police station on 01438 757544 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright