UPDATE: Fire at Letchworth factory confirmed as arson
- Credit: Archant
POLICE have confirmed a fire which broke out in a derelict building in Letchworth GC was an arson attack.
The fire broke out on Wednesday evening at around 5.40pm at the former George W King site in Letchworth GC.
The building on Blackhorse Road was subject to an arson attack in February, with police patrols stepped up as a result.
And there have also been reports of anti-social behaviour at the building.
In September last year, the Comet also reported on a gang of men who pleaded guilty to stealing metal from the premises.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Police said: “Officers are working closely with colleagues from the Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service as part of the investigation and would ask anyone with information about what happened to contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn