UPDATE: Arsonists target Stotfold derelict building for third time
- Credit: Archant
ARSONISTS have targeted a derelict building for the third time in the last fortnight.
Firefighters were called to a blaze which took hold at property on Hitchin Road, Stofold, yesterday (Thursday).
Crews from Biggleswade and Baldock were called at 3.56pm.
The fire caused damage to the ground and first floor, as well as extensive damage to the roof space of the house.
The fire was bought under control by 7pm.
A spokesman for Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The three of the fires in the last fortnight have been started deliberately.”
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week