UK's first under-18 only club opens
THE FIRST purpose-built under 18s club in the UK is now officially open. After initial teething problems, the organisers at Sub Zero in Hitchin have now met all necessary conditions to run their weekly club night. The alcohol-free club in Churchgate h
THE FIRST purpose-built under 18s club in the UK is now officially open.
After initial teething problems, the organisers at Sub Zero in Hitchin have now met all necessary conditions to run their weekly club night.
The alcohol-free club in Churchgate has been set up by the people at Sound Base recording studio in the town and is backed by the district council and the police. It is aimed at 14 to 17-year-olds to give them a place to hear DJs and bands on a Friday night as well as hone their talents in the rehearsal rooms and studio during the rest of the week.
"We came up with the idea to help with the things going on on Windmill Hill - hundreds of kids with nothing to do," manager Anthony Lloyd said. "There has been a cycle that when you get to a certain age that it's what you do. We want to show kids that they don't have to drink to have a good time.
You may also want to watch:
"We are getting a creative arts thing going on - it's not just a club - but a place to show off their talents."
The club already has over 700 members. To join them go to www.myspace.com/subzerohitchin
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie