Uber Eats now available in Letchworth and Hitchin
- Credit: Free-Photos/Pixabay
Consumers in Hitchin and Letchworth will now be able to order food direct to their door with Uber Eats, as the popular app launches in the towns today.
McDonald’s will be the first chain to launch in the area via the Uber Eats app.
In the coming weeks, it’s expected that more local favourites in both Hitchin and Letchworth will be available on the platform.
Toussaint Wattinne, general manager of Uber Eats UK, said: “We are really excited to be launching in Hitchin and Letchworth Garden City, firstly with McDonald’s, and a host of local restaurants joining in the coming weeks.
“As the nation’s lockdown slowly beings to lift, we hope to make it even easier for local residents to enjoy a variety of delicious food both comfortably and safely.”
Uber Eats has introduced measures to help ensure that every courier can access the PPE they need for free to help keep them safe when they deliver food.
As well as providing free sanitising products, Uber Eats is providing couriers with over one million masks.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 3 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 4 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 5 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 6 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
- 9 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 10 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
You can download Uber Eats for both iOS and Android, or by visiting ubereats.com