Two people taken to hospital following fire in Letchworth

Firefighters were called to a flat fire in Letchworth GC

Firefighters were called to a flat fire in Letchworth GC - Credit: Archant

TWO people were taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a ground floor flat last night (Tuesday).

Fire crews were called at 11.03pm to Eldefield, Letchworth GC, where a ground floor flat was well alight.

Occupiers of the flat suffered from smoke inhalation and were taken to Lister Hospital. Another person was given first aid at the scene.

Two fire engines from Letchworth GC and Baldock and one fire engine from Hitchin attended the scene.

The fire was accidental.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter