Two new sergeants to bolster Stevenage community policing teams
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s community policing teams are getting a boost this month when two new sergeants join the ranks.
Experienced officers, Sergeant Duncan Hall, 41, and Sergeant Nic Achilleos, 32, are joining the Stevenage Safer Neighbourhood Teams based at Stevenage Police Station.
Sgt Achilleos first joined Herts Constabulary as a Special Constable in 2004 and then later decided to become a full time police officer. Since this decision, he has worked on the response teams in Cheshunt and Hertford.
He said: “It is a very versatile role and I know the residents of Stevenage are very supportive.”
Sgt Hall joined the force in 2008 – he has been part of the SNT in Cheshunt and also worked with the Stevenage police response teams.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I am looking forward to working with partner agencies to address key issues.”
Two officers from the ‘Police Now’ graduate leadership scheme – a training programme that places university graduates in challenging communities and utilizes their problem solving skills - are also joining the Stevenage team this month.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term