Two Hitchin men charged with Chalkley murder
TWO men have been charged with the murder of 25-year-old Hitchin man Michael Chalkley who died from stab wounds after a street fight on Thursday night. Sean Flattery, 20, of Seebohm Close and Kyle Holloway, 22, of Wilshere Crescent, both in Hitchin have
TWO men have been charged with the murder of 25-year-old Hitchin man Michael Chalkley who died from stab wounds after a street fight on Thursday night.
Sean Flattery, 20, of Seebohm Close and Kyle Holloway, 22, of Wilshere Crescent, both in Hitchin have been remanded in custody charged with murder.
They will appear at Hatfield Remand Court today.
Police still want to speak to two further men who were believed to have been in John Barker Place, Hitchin at around 10.45pm, when the fight happened.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Sharn Basra, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: "We are very keen to speak to two men who were reported as being in the immediate area at the time the altercation initially took place. The men, who are believed to have run off from the scene, have been described as black and in their late teens to early twenties.
"I would urge the men described, or anyone who knows them, to get in contact as we would like to eliminate them from our enquiries and they could provide us with information that could prove vital to our investigation. I would also be interested to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or is aware of events leading up to it."
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room in confidence on 01707 355666, o to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.