Two facing trial over murder of Peter Shickle from Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two men appeared at court today charged with the murder of Peter Shickle from Stevenage.
Graham King and John Jamieson, both 35, appeared in the dock at Luton Crown Court on the first allotted day of their trial.
Mr King, from Harrow Court, Stevenage and Mr Jamieson from Wigram Way, Stevenage both pleaded not guilty to the murder of 58-year-old Mr Shickle on February 6.
The father of two’s body was found at his home in Silam Road on November 6 last year.
The court was packed with family and friends of the defendants and the victim as Mr King and Mr Jamieson answered to their names.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Richard Foster adjourned the case until tomorrow morning so legal matters could be dealt with. It will resume at the same court at 10am.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed