Two down in runner's treble bid
A MAN who is hoping to raise more than �3,500 for a dementia charity by completing three marathons in just five weeks has successfully finished his second race. Richard Hazeldene, of Vardon Road in Stevenage, wants to raise money for the Alzheimer s Socie
A MAN who is hoping to raise more than �3,500 for a dementia charity by completing three marathons in just five weeks has successfully finished his second race.
Richard Hazeldene, of Vardon Road in Stevenage, wants to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society because his father has been struck down with the condition.
Richard ran a marathon in Paris earlier this month, finishing in 3hrs 35mins -just a few minutes longer than his time in Rome two weeks before, when he completed a marathon in 3hrs 31mins.
The race began at the top of the Champs-Elysees, almost underneath the Arc de Triomphe, and the course took runners past other famous Parisian landmarks and along the Seine.
You may also want to watch:
Richard, 43, said: "The course was fantastic and the crowds enthusiastic. The hardest thing to contend with, besides the runner traffic, was the heat. It was approaching 20 degrees, which is obviously quite energy sapping.
"But to record a time of 3 hours 35 minutes, only two weeks after completing the Rome marathon, leaves me feeling rather pleased with my performance."
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Police alerted to injured man in Stevenage town centre
Richard, a member of Fairlands Valley Spartans Running Club in Stevenage, will now compete in London on April 26 to complete his challenge.
To sponsor Richard go to www.justgiving.com/richards335challenge or call him on 07811 592349.