Two Comet country women celebrate 103rd and 100th birthdays
- Credit: Archant
Two women have celebrated their 100th and 103rd birthdays over the past week.
May Lincoln turned 103 on Monday and Ester Parker celebrated her 100th birthday last Thursday.
Mrs Lincoln, who currently lived at Peter Sell House on Desborough Road, has lived in Hitchin for 92 years and was born on May 26 1911.
She married her husband Bill Lincoln at St. Mary’s Church, Hitchin in 1936 and had three children, Gerald, Jacqueline and Madeline.
The couple ran a restaurant in the town for five years and retired in 1975.
Esther Parker, who lives at St Catherine’s Nursing Home in Letchworth GC, was born Burns Hill, Letchworth GC in on May 23 1914 and married her late husband Eddie, an electrician on Boxing Day in 1939 at All Saint’s Church in Willian.
The couple were together for almost 60 years until his death in 1999.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 10 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
She said: “It’s absolutely wonderful to be 100. I have had a great life and seen a lot things change.”
The couple had one son, Brian, 69, who lives in Stotfold with his wife Carol.