Two Comet country women celebrate 103rd and 100th birthdays
- Credit: Archant
Two women have celebrated their 100th and 103rd birthdays over the past week.
May Lincoln turned 103 on Monday and Ester Parker celebrated her 100th birthday last Thursday.
Mrs Lincoln, who currently lived at Peter Sell House on Desborough Road, has lived in Hitchin for 92 years and was born on May 26 1911.
She married her husband Bill Lincoln at St. Mary’s Church, Hitchin in 1936 and had three children, Gerald, Jacqueline and Madeline.
The couple ran a restaurant in the town for five years and retired in 1975.
You may also want to watch:
Esther Parker, who lives at St Catherine’s Nursing Home in Letchworth GC, was born Burns Hill, Letchworth GC in on May 23 1914 and married her late husband Eddie, an electrician on Boxing Day in 1939 at All Saint’s Church in Willian.
The couple were together for almost 60 years until his death in 1999.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
She said: “It’s absolutely wonderful to be 100. I have had a great life and seen a lot things change.”
The couple had one son, Brian, 69, who lives in Stotfold with his wife Carol.