Two boys arrested after police chase ends with crash on Baldock A507
- Credit: Archant
Two teenage boys have been arrested after a police chase which ended in a crash just outside Baldock.
Police officers were on patrol in Luton’s Hollybush Road at about 1.45am on Wednesday when they signalled for a red Hyundai to stop.
The car was followed by police into Herts, where it crashed on the A507 Great North Road – just outside Baldock. Nobody was injured, but several vehicles were damaged.
Officers, with the help of police dog Tai, had detained the two teens at the scene by 2.25am.
A 15-year-old boy from Luton was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, aggravated unauthorised taking of a motor vehicle and failing to stop for police. He was released on police bail until June 24.
You may also want to watch:
The other boy, a 16-year-old also from Luton, was arrested on suspicion of theft and released on police bail until the same date.
Sgt Vicky Stoughton from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Dog Unit said: “All of our dogs work brilliantly not only with their handler but as part of a wider team of police officers. This allows us to effectively respond to, and assist at, a large number of different incidents.”
You can follow the unit via www.twitter.com/dogpoliceBCH.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed