Two arrested on suspicion of drug dealing after tip-off prompts police raid in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of drug dealing after a police raid in Stevenage today which was prompted by a tip-off.
A man and a woman, both 26, were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A and B drugs, after an address in Spring Drive was searched by officers.
Both are currently in police custody.
Chief Inspector Tannis Perks said: “I cannot thank the public enough for their support and the information they constantly provide which helps my officers to investigate drug crime in Stevenage.
“My teams are committed to tackling all drug related crime and we want to make Stevenage a hostile place for those who think it is OK to deal in drugs in this town.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to act on information we receive and I hope this sends a clear message to the community that we will not tolerate drug crime in Stevenage.”
If you have any information relating to drug activity in your area contact your local neighbourhood officer or call police on 101. Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years