Two arrested in Letchworth GC drugs raid
- Credit: Archant
TWO people have been arrested following a police drugs raid on Friday.
The raid at an address in Kristiansand Way in Letchworth GC was carried out by Operation Scorpion officers following a long-running investigation into the supply of drugs, and other crimes, in the town.
During the raid, officers arrested a 24-year-old woman and a 37-year-old man, both from Letchworth GC, on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.
Both were bailed to return to Stevenage Police Station on November 7 pending further investigations.
Drugs to the approximate value of £4000 were also seized, as well as drug paraphernalia and a number of counterfeit items, including children’s clothing and jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
Police Constable Manjinder Thandi said: “We have been concentrating on the supply of drugs in the area and these arrests are the result of intensive investigations.
“These arrests will send a message to those involved in the supply of drugs and related crimes and reinforce the message that Hertfordshire is a hostile place for criminals.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine