Two arrested after Class A drugs seized in Stevenage raid
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of attempting to supply a Class A drug this morning (Wednesday).
Officers from Herts Constabulary carried out the raid on a property in Newcastle Close, Stevenage at around 11am.
A 56-year-old man and a 52-year-old woman, both from Stevenage, were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A and are currently in police custody.
Pc Lindsey Cox, who attended the raid, said: “We work closely with residents and pro-actively engage with the community in order to identify and disrupt criminal activity as and when it arises.
“We would urge all residents to continue to report any suspicious behaviour or activity to us via the non-emergency number 101. Any information, however insignificant it may seem, may assist us with an investigation or bring a new issue to our attention. By working so closely with local communities we will be able to help keep Stevenage a safe and pleasant place to live and work.”
You may also want to watch:
This follows a raid yesterday on a property in Hydean Way, Stevenage at around 1pm.
Police found 36 grams of cannabis.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
No one was in the flat at the time.