Two A1(M) lanes closed after three-car crash near Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
Two lanes are closed on the A1(M) after a three-car crash near Welwyn, and traffic is solid all the way back past Stevenage to Letchworth Gate.
Police were called to the crash on the northbound carriageway near Junction 6 for Welwyn amid the heavy fog at about 8am, with ambulance crews also attending.
Two lanes are blocked, with vehicles awaiting recovery. Herts County Council’s Highways department predicts delays of up to 54 minutes.
Police were unable to confirm details of any injuries. An ambulance service spokesman said paramedics were stood down as they were not needed at the scene.
Separately, traffic on the southbound stretch is solid from Junction 7 for Stevenage back to Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate.
You may also want to watch:
There are also delays of up to 20 minutes on the A602 Park Way in Hitchin, according to the county council Highways team.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage