Two 18-year-olds injured by glass in Stevenage club over Easter weekend
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers were injured by glass in two separate incidents at a Stevenage nightclub over the Easter weekend.
Police said there were two incidents at Bar & Beyond on Stevenage Leisure Park – one each in the early hours of Friday and Sunday.
The first, officers said, happened between 1am and 1.15am on Friday – when a thrown glass allegedly hit an 18-year-old woman on the side of her face, causing a serious laceration that needed hospital treatment.
Two nights later, between 1.30am and 1.40am on Sunday, it is alleged that an 18-year-old man was approached and bashed over the head with a bottle of Prosecco.
A 22-year-old man from London has been arrested on suspicion of assault in relation to this incident, and has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information about either of these incidents should call police on 101 – quoting crime reference E1/18/2575 for the Friday morning incident, or E1/18/2629 for the Sunday morning assault – or get in touch online at herts.police.uk/report.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
The Comet has received comments from clubgoers expressing concern about safety, and has contacted Bar and Beyond for comment.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company