Twin Town riders charity quiz night in Stevenage old town is a huge hit
- Credit: Archant
A sell-out charity quiz night for a team of cyclists aiming to raise £100,000 for Stevenage’s Lister Hospital has been a huge success.
More than 250 turned out to take part in Twin Town’s 1000k quiz evening at the Cromwell Hotel in the Old Town, to help raise £2,000 at the time of going to press – making it a total of £12,500 raised already.
The intrepid group, led by captain Steve Watkins, plan to ride more than 1000 kilometres from Stevenage to its twin towns of Ingelheim in Germany and Autun in France over nine days of intense cycling – to raise six figures for equipment to help a variety of wards at the Lister.
Jess Lloyd, who took part in the quiz, said: “It was a great night of fundraising and fun, good food and a wonderful atmosphere.
“My friends and I are looking forward to the next one!”
You may also want to watch:
Former Stevenage mayor Simon Speller added: “Well done to all. The numbers were amazing.” For more look on Facebook for TwinTowns1000.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go