Twin set celebrates
A street in a French town has been named after its twin in Comet country. The Rue D Hitchin in Nuits St Georges in Burgundy was officially opened by the town s new mayor last month to celebrate 32 years of friendship between the two towns. Members of the
A street in a French town has been named after its twin in Comet country.
The Rue D'Hitchin in Nuits St Georges in Burgundy was officially opened by the town's new mayor last month to celebrate 32 years of friendship between the two towns.
Members of the Hitchin Town Twinning Association and North Herts District Council were invited to the opening and to the Fete de Bourru, a festival to celebrate the season's wine.
The choir from Hitchin's Holy Saviour Church were also there to perform with the Radcliffe Singers to a packed church hall in the town.
You may also want to watch:
Association president Richard Cox said: "It's a real honour to have the street named after us. They put a lot of importance into it. And it is in one of the most famous wine-growing areas in France."
The towns send pupils on school exchanges and have cultural links through food, art and music.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts