Tributes to North Herts councillor who died at weekend
TRIBUTES have been paid to a “fantastic” councillor, who died at the weekend.
Conservative councillor David Miller represented Hitchwood, Offa and Hoo on North Herts District Council (NHDC).
Cllr Miller, who lived in St Ippolyts, was also council chairman in 2009/2010.
Tributes have been paid to him by fellow councillors.
Cllr Joan Kirby, chairman of NHDC, said: “We were extremely saddened to hear of the death of David Miller over the weekend. David made a significant contribution to the work of local government, having been a valued member of the council for eight years.
You may also want to watch:
“He served as chairman of the council, and has also sat on many committees. He has also represented us on various outside bodies including Hertfordshire Health Scrutiny, Hitchin Educational Foundation and Sport North Herts. He will be much missed.”
Cllr Miller, who served as a councillor for Hitchwood, Offa and Hoo since 2007 and Hitchwood since 2004, died at Lister Hospital on Sunday afternoon.
- 1 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 2 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 5 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 6 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts as restrictions ease
- 9 Resident calls for brighter street lights after 'shocking' fall leaves her seeking hospital treatment
- 10 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
Cllr Lynda Needham, leader of NHDC, said: “David was a fantastic person, a real gentleman, and he was dedicated to his constituents.
“We will miss him greatly and our thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.”