Tributes to man stabbed to death in Hitchin
TRIBUTES have been left to a young man stabbed to death in Hitchin last night. Flowers were laid on the corner of Bingen Road and Mattocke Road on the Westmill estate this morning in memory of a man in his twenties who died after being stabbed in the che
TRIBUTES have been left to a young man stabbed to death in Hitchin last night.
Flowers were laid on the corner of Bingen Road and Mattocke Road on the Westmill estate this morning in memory of a man in his twenties who died after being stabbed in the chest and stomach nearby.
The man, who is believed to have lived on the estate, is named 'Buzzer' on one of the tributes, but he has yet to be officially named by police.
The tribute said: "RIP Buzzer, love up Bro, always in our hearts, gonna miss ya loads, love you, rest now."
Another said: "For my best friend and family thinking of you, nuff love."
Detectives from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit are at the scene. The surrounding flats have been cordoned off.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 5 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
A "number" of arrests have been made, a police spokesman said.
Officers are calling for anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading to it to contact them on the non-emergency number 0845 3300222.