Tributes to man stabbed to death in Hitchin
TRIBUTES have been left to a young man stabbed to death in Hitchin last night. Flowers were laid on the corner of Bingen Road and Mattocke Road on the Westmill estate this morning in memory of a man in his twenties who died after being stabbed in the che
TRIBUTES have been left to a young man stabbed to death in Hitchin last night.
Flowers were laid on the corner of Bingen Road and Mattocke Road on the Westmill estate this morning in memory of a man in his twenties who died after being stabbed in the chest and stomach nearby.
The man, who is believed to have lived on the estate, is named 'Buzzer' on one of the tributes, but he has yet to be officially named by police.
The tribute said: "RIP Buzzer, love up Bro, always in our hearts, gonna miss ya loads, love you, rest now."
Another said: "For my best friend and family thinking of you, nuff love."
Detectives from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit are at the scene. The surrounding flats have been cordoned off.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 3 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 9 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 10 Heritage Foundation chair steps down
A "number" of arrests have been made, a police spokesman said.
Officers are calling for anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading to it to contact them on the non-emergency number 0845 3300222.