Treemendous response to Stevenage festivals
- Credit: Archant
Christmas trees were flavour of the month at two churches which held festivals to celebrate the festive period.
Holy Trinity church in Stevenage High Street and St Mary’s Church in Aston hosted the events.
The St Mary’s Church festival was won by Sue Edney and raised more than £1,600 for the church’s funds.
The festival in Stevenage Old Town featured a performance by Big Band, made up of students from The Barclay School, and barbershop harmony chorus Shannon Express.
In all £2,200 was raised for the Stevenage Rotary Club, the church and Riding for the Disabled Association which helps handicapped children to enjoy riding lessons.
You may also want to watch:
One of the Rotary Club’s trustees Malcolm Gomm said: “We were very pleased with the successful festival and the very successful concert.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision