Tree planting, book signing and flag flying to mark royal baby in North Herts and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
TREES will be planted in Comet country to celebrate the birth of the royal baby.
North Herts District Council said it would be planting saplings in four of its towns, including Hitchin, Letchworth GC and Baldock.
The planting will take place in the autumn and it has not been confirmed where the trees will be based.
The authority also has a book at its offices in Gernon Road, Letchworth GC, which visitors can sign to wish the royal couple well.
Cllr Lynda Needham, leader of the council, said: “On behalf of North Herts District Council, I would like to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the arrival of their baby boy.
“The birth of the Prince of Cambridge has been long anticipated by many residents and therefore we thought it fitting to allow people to express their well-wishes to the Royal couple.”
In Stevenage, the borough council has also bought a book to keep in its reception.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 4 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 5 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 8 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 9 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 10 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
It is asking visitors to its Danestrete offices to leave messages for the new baby.
And the Union Jack and county flags are flying today (Tuesday) at County Hall in Hertford.
The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth yesterday. Both her and her son were said to be doing well.
• Have you done anything to mark the birth? Or was your child born yesterday? Contact the Comet newsdesk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01438 866200.