Tree passes driving test in comic created at Hitchin masterclass with the Beano’s Kev F Sutherland
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at Hitchin Library learned all about creating comics at workshops put on by maestro Kev F Sutherland.
Kev, who is behind strips in the Beano, Marvel and many other comics, helped the kids to create their own cartoon characters and stories.
“I did some wonderful work with the kids, who did some wonderful work themselves,” said Kev.
“They had so many great ideas. We created a comic called Monster Who Weed On My Mum – so that gives you a taste of the imagination of children!”
The kids also thought up The Tree That Passed Its Driving Test, a boy with laser eyes called Thomas the Tormentor and a fierce-looking creature called Hardscin.
You may also want to watch:
Each of the two classes produced a full comic featuring strips by each of the children who attended – everyone got a copy to take home – and Kev also drew caricatures of each of the children.
For more see kevfsutherland.wix.com/masterclass.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket