Travellers pitch up in Letchworth industrial area
- Credit: Archant
Travellers who pitched up on a Letchworth industrial site on Sunday have now moved to another location near the border with Baldock.
Police were informed of the travellers’ arrival in Avenue One just after 5pm on Sunday.
After officers notified the landowner and informed North Herts District Council and Herts County Council of the sizeable encampment, the travellers moved to another site yesterday evening.
They are now based at the end of Works Road, near the border with Baldock.
A police spokeswoman said officers are ‘working with the landowner and continuing to monitor the situation’.
You may also want to watch:
A North Herts District Council spokeswoman said that as the travellers are on private land, the matter falls outside the authority’s jurisdiction.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright