Travellers pitch up in Letchworth industrial area
- Credit: Archant
Travellers who pitched up on a Letchworth industrial site on Sunday have now moved to another location near the border with Baldock.
Police were informed of the travellers’ arrival in Avenue One just after 5pm on Sunday.
After officers notified the landowner and informed North Herts District Council and Herts County Council of the sizeable encampment, the travellers moved to another site yesterday evening.
They are now based at the end of Works Road, near the border with Baldock.
A police spokeswoman said officers are ‘working with the landowner and continuing to monitor the situation’.
A North Herts District Council spokeswoman said that as the travellers are on private land, the matter falls outside the authority’s jurisdiction.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades