Travellers occupy old Stevenage Kodak site
- Credit: Archant
Travellers are occupying a disused industrial site in Stevenage, having been moved on from another location in the town.
The group – consisting of about 20 caravans as well as cars and vans – moved to the old Kodak site in Caxton Way, Stevenage, yesterday (Sunday).
They are believed to be the same group that were staying at the former Fujitsu site on King’s Road, and had previously been evicted from Avenue One in Letchworth GC.
Two fire engines were called to the former Fujitsu site on Saturday evening after a fire broke out.
It is unclear who started the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Herts police said: “Police are currently monitoring the situation and will be liaising with the site’s owner.”
The Comet has so far be unable to locate and speak to the site’s owner.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes