Travellers move to Fairlands Valley Showground in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers have relocated for the fourth time in one week.
Around 20 caravans were seen arriving at Fairlands Valley Showground in Stevenage, opposite Stevenage FC’s Lamex Stadium, at 4.30pm on Tuesday.
They are believed to be the same group that moved to the town’s empty Fujitsu building from a Letchworth GC industrial unit last Wednesday.
The fire service was called to the former Fujitsu site, on King’s Road, on Sunday after reports of burning rubbish.
It is thought the group of travellers moved to Stevenage’s former Kodak site on Bessemer Drive the following day, but the site’s owners, Gabriel Properties Ltd, issued a notice forcing them to move on.
You may also want to watch:
They have now set up camp at Fairlands Valley Showground, which is owned by Stevenage Borough Council (SBC). Council officers have served notice to the travellers, which will give them 24 hours to move on.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision