Travellers move on from land next to TK Maxx in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Travellers who yesterday pitched up on land next to a Stevenage town centre discount clothing store have now moved on.
The travellers moved onto the car park and delivery area behind TK Maxx, off Fairlands Way, last night – and they left this lunchtime.
They had obstructed deliveries and employees’ parking.
The travellers moved onto the site, which is also near the town’s Tesco Extra store, after being evicted from another Stevenage location by bailiffs yesterday afternoon.
The previous location was in the car park of Towergate Insurance, off London Road – where concrete blocks and barriers have been put up to stop the travellers from returning.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman had told the Comet this morning that as the encampment next to TK Maxx was on private land, it was up the landowner to take action.
Travellers who pitched up at first Avenue One and then Works Road in Letchworth left the garden city on Sunday, after being threatened with court action by the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation – which owned the second location.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
It is not clear if these are the same travellers.