Trapped woman rescued from burning Stevenage home

A woman trapped by flames in her Stevenage home was rescued by firefighters in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The woman called the emergency services just after 5am as fire took hold on the first floor of her terraced house on Colestrete.

Two crews from Stevenage and Hitchin found the first floor well alight on arrival. Fire fighters fought the blaze while others led the woman to safety.

She was taken to Lister Hospital suffering the effects of smoke inhalation. Her condition was described as non-life threatening by The East of England Ambulance Service.

The fire was declared out at 7.05am. Police are treating it as non-suspicious.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter