TRANSFER NEWS: Former captain returns to Stevenage
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
Ronnie Henry is joined by former Gillingham winger Chris Whelpdale and ex-Hartlepool midfielder Simon Walton in signing for the club today
Former Stevenage captain Ronnie Henry has returned to the club.
The 30-year-old made more than 320 appearances for Boro during a seven year period for the club before leaving for Luton Town in 2012.
Having helped the Hatters to the Conference title last year, and with it promotion to the Football League, the right-back has now returned to Stevenage for a second spell.
The club has also announced that they have signed winger Chris Whelpdale from Gillingham and experienced midfielder Simon Walton, who joins following a two-year spell at Hartlepool United.
You may also want to watch:
Bira Dembele has also signed a new deal with Stevenage. The French defender made 13 appearances for the club last season.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go