Transfer news: Brentford midfielder signs for Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage have made their second signing of the week with the capture of James Ferry from Brentford.
The midfielder has penned a two-year deal at Boro, and the news of his signing comes just days after the club announced that Swansea City’s Alex Samuel had joined the club also on a two-year deal.
Ferry failed to make a first-team appearance at Brentford but did have spells at both Welling and Wycombe Wanderers.
The 20-year-old impressed Stevenage managerial advisor Glenn Roeder when playing in a reserve game against Boro before Christmas.
Ferry, who describes himself as a ‘good passer and a dynamic player’, spent a couple of days training at Boro in January before playing against them again in February.
You may also want to watch:
He was then invited to train with Darren Sarll’s squad towards the back end of last season before signing a deal with the club.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 8 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome