Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- Credit: Tranquil Turtle
Stevenage's newest dining hotspot opened its doors at the weekend, with the launch event attended by the mayor and other notable residents - and a turtle.
Tranquil Turtle in Symonds Green Lane is a fine dining project, driven by a passion for high end food and service. General manager Andy Tandy heads up the running of the site, the head chef is Noel Busby and Beth Watt is the sous chef.
Mayor Cllr Sandra Barr attended and cut the ribbon to officially open the venue. Also present was council leader, Cllr Sharon Taylor, and more.
Tranquil Turtle has had a dramatic transformation - which includes an onyx bar, tinted windows, DJ booth and stylish patio area with outdoor heating. The star attraction being a live turtle in an inbuilt aquarium.
The opening event on Friday was a celebration of the completed work - overcoming obstacles along the way.
Manager Andy said: "You won’t believe what we’ve been through - involving storms in Turkey to A1(M) road closure and all hands on deck from local friends and businesses. But it's all come together - you can't keep Stevenage down!"
About the new venture, Andy said: "It shouldn't be that people have to go to London for an experience like this - we want the people of Stevenage to have this on their doorstep and we are proud of what we have achieved."
For more information go to tranquil-turtle.co.uk.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 4 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 5 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf