Tranmere cautious of Luke Freeman threat
- Credit: Archant
Tranmere Rovers have earmarked Stevenage winger Luke Freeman as the man to look out for ahead of their Sky Bet League 1 clash at The Lamex Stadium on Saturday.
The former Arsenal man’s two wonder-strikes in the 3-2 victory over Bradford City last weekend have certainly not gone unnoticed by Boro’s rivals.
Rovers assistant boss John McMahon spoke to his club’s website about Boro.
He said: “They’re competitive and hardworking. They’re direct - a lot of goals are scored from set plays, long throw-ins and free-kicks so we need to be switched on when we get in those positions.
“But they can also play a bit when they get in the final third and [Luke] Freeman is a good, good player.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage go into the game on the back of a three-match unbeaten streak after wins over Crewe Alexandra and Bradford and Tuesday night’s 1-1 draw at Crawley Town.
Tranmere are also unbeaten in three with draws against Bristol City and Oldham and a victory over Coventry City.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
Rovers have signed Fleetwood Town winger Junior Brown on loan until the end of the season, he could make his debut for the north west club on Saturday.