Calls for Biggleswade station to be improved through government funding
- Credit: Archant
North East Bedfordshire MP Alistair Burt is delighted with the government’s £300m scheme to improve railway station access.
The Inclusive Transport Strategy outlines plans to ensure disabled people have access to transport, including extending the ‘Access for All’ scheme until 2024.
Mr Burt believes the funding will be essential for Biggleswade station.
“I am delighted that the ‘Access for All’ scheme will continue,” he said.
“This is vital funding which will essential to help make the much needed changes to Biggleswade station.
“The work to Biggleswade will be part of a wider plan to improve parking and public transport provision to and from the station.
“I am hopeful that the stakeholders involved will soon be in a position to bid for funding to allow these works to come to fruition.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
“Once we have more details, we will hold a public meeting to ensure rail users have a chance to comment.”