Train delays expected
PEOPLE travelling to and from London over the Easter Bank Holiday from stations in Comet country can expect some delays because King s Cross Station is closed. It will mean all trains will start and end at Finsbury Park and travellers having to use the Un
PEOPLE travelling to and from London over the Easter Bank Holiday from stations in Comet country can expect some delays because King's Cross Station is closed.
It will mean all trains will start and end at Finsbury Park and travellers having to use the Underground.
The move to close King's Cross is because work has reached a critical stage in the ongoing £20 million programme to improve the reliability of the overhead lines between London and Hitchin.
The station will be closed between midday on Saturday to midday on Monday and again over the May Day Bank Holiday and Spring Bank Holiday weekends.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend the work will be on the overhead lines between King's Cross and Finsbury Park.
Network Rail's route director Dyan Crowther said: "Overhead lines leading out of King's Cross are reaching the end of their working life and their age is starting to affect the performance of the line.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
"The work will vastly improve the running of the line and will help us and the train operating companies deliver a more reliable service to passengers."
All rail tickets will be valid on Under-ground services between Finsbury Park and King's Cross. First Capital services through King's Cross will remain unaffected.
Passengers are advised to check their travel arrangements with National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950.