Woman trapped in car following collision
A WOMAN was trapped in her car for an hour following a collision earlier today (Wednesday).
The woman, who was cut free by firefighters then taken to Lister Hospital by paramedics, was involved in a one-car collision on the A505 between Hitchin and Luton.
It happened just after 2.30pm, when the woman’s car left the road and collided with trees. Ambulance crews from Letchworth and Stevenage attended the scene.
Duty ambulance operations manager Paula Johnson, who attended the incident, said: “The woman was trapped in her vehicle for approximately one hour. Paramedics treated, stabilised and immobilised her in the car, while the fire service cut her free from the wreckage.”
Police closed the road at the Offley turning, but it has since reopened.
You may also want to watch:
The woman’s injuries are non-life threatening.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising